A Reverse Osmosis drinking water system that removes total dissolved solids (TDS). It works by pushing the water through a semipermeable membrane that acts as a filter and is stored in a tank. This membrane allows only water to pass through, leaving any impurities and dissolved solids behind. It removes particles as little as .001 microns. That is about the size of a human hair split a hundred times!
Advantages of Reverse Osmosis Drinking Water
- Tastes and smells better – Water bottle companies such as Aquafina and Dasani use reverse osmosis water treatment in their products.
- Safer – It filters out many different contaminants, bacteria and viruses that could be sitting within your pipes or coming from your water supplier.
- No Electricity needed – It uses the water pressure to pump through the different filters and membrane and doesn’t have to plug into an outlet.
- Cost Savings – You’ll no longer need to purchase water bottles and can get your drinking water straight from the faucet at your kitchen sink!
- Easy to Maintain – Depending on usage, you only have to replace the filters once a year and the membrane, two years.
- Environmentally Friendly – Did you know that it takes over 17 million barrels of oil to keep up with American’s water bottle demand? That’s enough to keep 1.3 million cars fueled for an ENTIRE YEAR! (source: Ban the Bottle)
Reverse Osmosis Process on a Wider Scale
The reverse osmosis process is used in desalination plants to help make salt water safe for consumption. The military uses a form of the process to filter virtually any body of water. Another interesting production process that uses a reverse osmosis is maple syrup production. (source: Wikipedia)
Where Can You Get a Reverse Osmosis System for Your Home?
Call your local licensed Tampa plumbing company, like The Pampering Plumber at 727-232-8400 or visit www.pamperingplumber.com. It’s strongly recommended to go through a licensed plumbing contractor since they are dealing with your drinking water and cross-contamination is a possibility if not installed properly.
Have you ever come home to sewage bubbling up in your shower drain? It’s not the ideal plumbing scenario to come home to. Here are some pointers and tips for dealing with your sewer drain plumbing stoppages in Tampa.
What NOT to Flush
There are some household items that you may think are okay to flush down your toilet, but they’re not! Paper towels, Feminine products and believe it or not, the “flushable” wipes sold at your local grocery store. In fact, these “flushable” wipes have been wreaking some havoc in city and county sewer systems and one of the leading causes of stoppages in Tampa, because they don’t break up like toilet paper does. They are made from a more fibrous material that doesn’t break-apart as easily.
Don’t use your Garbage Disposal as a “Catch-all”
Grease or oils should be collected in a sealed container and disposed of in your trash. If dumped down the sink drain or in the garbage disposal, grease and oil can solidify in your drain, causing a build-up and a potential stoppage. Potato peels are generally okay to toss down the garbage disposal, but can build up in the drain after time or if you’re putting large batches in there at once. Rice, grains and pastas shouldn’t be put down the garbage disposal either. These items can still expand within the drain, causing a slow drain and/or potential stoppage.
Tree Root Destruction
Tampa oak trees are a common factor of plumbing stoppages, when their roots grow and break into your sewer line, they cause a barrier within the pipe, stopping any toilet paper and waste from going down into your septic or sewer. If roots are the obstruction in your sewer line, it’s best to get it taken care of right away. The portion of pipe that the roots intruded generally needs to be replaced or rerouted away from the trees.
If you have a constant reoccurring stoppage happening in your home, it may be beneficial to have a camera run down your sewer line to be sure that there isn’t any underlying issues. Call your local Tampa plumbing company, The Pampering Plumber to schedule for your sewer drain cleaning or sewer line camera job at 727-232-8400 or visit www.pamperingplumber.com
As of April 16th, 2015, there are new energy efficiency requirements per the National Appliance Energy Conservation Act (NAECA). They call for all water heaters, including residential electric, gas, tankless, and oil water heaters to have a higher energy factor rating. (The higher the energy factor, the higher the efficiency of the unit). These new energy efficiency standards were put in place in an effort to alleviate the strain on the national power grid. These changes are projected to eliminate enough emissions that are equivalent to 33.8 million automobiles!
What Homeowners Need to Know
- This means saving more money! Water Heating costs account for approximately 17% of your total home energy use.
- The newer models (electric and gas) will differ slightly in size (Approximately 2 inches taller and wider) If space is limited, this may mean your newer water heater will need to be moved to a different location or you may need to change to a smaller sized unit.
- There will no longer be residential electric water heaters over 55 gallons available. Any water heater over 55 gallons are required to be “hybrid” water heaters. These hybrid water heaters utilize a heat pump to increase efficiency.
- All residential gas water heaters over 55 gallons are required to have a condensing water heater type design.
- These more efficient water heaters require additional parts during production which will increase the costs of new units. But, the idea is that the increase will pay for itself with the amount you’ll be saving in utility cost
- Be sure to hire a licensed and insured Tampa plumbing company. They know all about the new requirements and are able to provide you with your best options.
For more information contact your #1 Tampa Plumber, The Pampering Plumber at 727-232-8400
Awarded Angie’s List Tampa Plumbing Super Service Award for the 7th Year in a Row!
We always say “Don’t listen to us, listen to what our customers have to say about us!” and this proves it yet again! We always strive to be the BEST plumbing company in the Tampa Bay area and that’s because quality of work and customer service is #1! The Pampering Plumber has won the Angie’s List Tampa Plumbing Super Service Award for the 7th consecutive year! That’s no easy feat, but here’s how we do it.
Customer Satisfaction is #1
We survey every customer because we want to continue finding ways to improve so, we can continue providing the BEST customer service in Tampa Bay. All of our plumbing staff goes through an extensive screening and background check prior to entering any one’s home. The service plumbers wear blue booties and use red carpets for their tools to protect your flooring and your home. (We also leave you with a little gift showing our appreciation!)
Giving Back to our Tampa Customers
We understand that a plumbing company is not generally someone you would want to call, since Tampa plumbing issues generally mean dollar signs. So, The Pampering Plumber developed a program that gives back to our Tampa customers by offering our “1in10″ program! This 1in10 program means every 10th Water Heater and Water Softener that we install is FREE! Visit our website or our Facebook page to view our previous winners. We’ve had over 100 Tampa residents win!
Read our reviews on Angie’s List, Facebook, Google+, and Yelp! If you’ve used our plumbing services before, review us on one of these sites and you’ll be entered to win a monthly prize.
Call us today for your Tampa plumbing service or repair and you won’t regret it!
Ten Reasons Why You NEED a Water Softener:
(It’s all about eliminating calcium and magnesium build-up)
- Eliminates spots on dishes and glassware
- Extends the life of appliances and fixtures
- Extends life of water heater and makes it more efficient
- Softer and Smoother Hair
- Clothing lasts much longer
- Save $$ on detergents and soaps
- Eliminates soap scum on bathtubs and shower doors
- Softer and Smoother Skin
- Clothing colors stay brighter
- There must be something to it, 100% of fine dining restaurants have softeners!
Not to mention, every 10th Water Heater and Water Softener that the Pampering Plumber sells and installs in the Tampa Bay area is FREE! Visit the website www.pamperingplumber.com or call 727-232-8400 for details.
While upgrading your bathroom is not nearly as expensive or extensive as many other home improvement projects, there are many details to figure out before you can get started. Your favorite Tampa plumbing company recommends putting together a list of what you need to do and may have already done. It will make the remodeling process all that much easier and your life a lot less stressful!
Click here to read more »
Dry, itchy skin is the tell-tale sign that your Tampa plumbing lines have hard water running through them. What exactly does this mean? Does it cause any problems other than leaving you a bit uncomfortable after getting out of the shower?
Click here to read more »
Cutting back your home’s water usage may be easier than you think. Being conservative not only helps lighten the load on your wallet, but it also greatly reduces your environmental footprint. Every day, millions of gallons are wasted due to irresponsibility and carelessness. It is about time we all get serious about our Tampa plumbing expenses.
Did you know that if every household in the United States installed water-efficient appliances and fixtures, it would save 3 trillion gallons of water and nearly $20 billion per year? That is a lot of water and money that could be put to better use, so do your part by following this sound H2O-saving advice.
Click here to read more »
Every homeowner dreams of being able to tackle any household repair or project without needing to contact a professional. Some people have the handyman skills to tackle basic tasks, but large do-it-yourself projects pose greater challenges and bring with them bigger risks.
The Tampa plumbers at The Pampering Plumber want to remind you to never attempt a repair job if you are not confident you can handle it solo. Can it be difficult to swallow your pride and pick up the phone? Definitely, but consider the cost of your investment. Will it be in your best interest from a financial (and mental) standpoint to pay a professional? Sometimes it is just the better choice to use an expert, especially since we have been called upon numerous times to correct Tampa plumbing damage done by inexperienced home and business owners.
Here are some tips for avoiding serious damage to your plumbing while attempting to do it yourself.
Click here to read more »
By performing regular maintenance on your Tampa water heater, you can reduce the amount that you pay every month on heating your water, which can translate to a significant amount over the years. These regular maintenance steps can also help your water heater to have fewer issues and last for its expected lifespan.
Click here to read more »